Enrollment for Leadership Klamath 2021/2022 Open Now!
Trailblazers and influencers! The Chamber brings together leaders and experts across sectors to build networks and advance leadership in the Klamath Basin.
Leadership Klamath will again provide approximately 20 emerging and transformational leaders from across sectors with a broad understanding of Klamath County’s economic, civic and cultural drivers. The program offers participants a deep knowledge of the social, environmental and economic interests that leaders need to make balanced decisions
The program’s curriculum emphasizes building networks and tangible tools for local leadership roles. Curriculum topics may include, among others, Klamath County economics, Local Government 101, inclusive leadership, planning and development, critical human needs, health, education, the arts and culture, and quality of life – as well as roundtable discussions on a range of timely issues.
- 78%: Leadership Klamath participants who have joined a nonprofit board
- 28%: Leadership Klamath participants who have joined a government board or commission
- 8%: Leadership Klamath participants who have worked on a local campaign for a candidate or issue
- 32%: Leadership Klamath participants with career promotions within a year of graduation
As a Leadership Klamath participant, you must:
- Work and/or live in Klamath County
- Have a desire to make a positive impact
- Be willing to challenge yourself and others
- Be open to new thinking about your role as a leader
- Commit to attend monthly full-day sessions for 10 months
- Have a willingness to work collectively and be open to learning
About Leadership Klamath
Leadership Klamath will celebrate its 29th year in 2019 and has graduated more than 300 people from the program. It was developed by the Chamber in response to the ongoing need for leadership in all areas of public service. For participants, the program creates a comprehensive and objective awareness of the Klamath community in action. The program fosters commitment to our region and develops leaders to meet the demands of the future.
Leadership Klamath identifies and motivates emerging leaders and develops their potential for community leadership by exposing them to the realities, opportunities and challenges facing of our area. For ten months, participants attend seminars, tours, lectures and briefings. The program challenges class participants to become more involved in the decision-making process of Klamath County in political, social and business arenas.