|Next Greeters Meetings|
Loading Upcoming Greeters Meetings...
Purpose of Greeters
Greeters is a great way to meet fellow Chamber members, network with business-minded peers, and introduce your products or services in a fun, social setting. The meeting is free to attend and no RSVP is required. In short, Greeters helps Chamber members stay connected to what's going on in the business community.
When and where do we meet?
Greeters meet every other Thursday from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m., except on major holidays. A different member business hosts Greeters each time. To be reminded about Chamber events, subscribe to the Weekly Chamber Happenings e-newsletter, visit our Events Calendar, or listen to our radio program Chamber Outlook (Tuesdays at 8:15 on KLAD-FM 92.5).
What happens at Greeters?
A Greeters meeting generally consists of:
- Host Interviews. The hosting business will spend approximately 5 minutes showcasing their business, products, and/or services.
- Self Introductions. You will be given a chance to introduce yourself and your business.
- Announcements. The Chairperson will give you an opportunity to make announcements.
- Door prizes. The Chairperson will draw names for door prizes. Door prizes are a great way to promote your business and we encourage you to bring a gift for the drawing.
Courtesies & Guidelines
To enhance everyone's Greeters experience, please follow these basic courtesies and guidelines.
- Self-introductions. Please limit your self-introductions to your name, the name of your business and your special "tagline." Please be appropriate, professional and brief! Please be attentive and courteous. No announcements are allowed during self-introductions.
- Guests. Guests may attend Greeters three times before they join the Klamath County Chamber of Commerce.
- Announcements. The Chairperson will give you an opportunity to make an announcement if you wish. This is a great opportunity to find out what is going on with our member businesses.
- Political statements. The Klamath County Chamber of Commerce wants to keep Greeters a place where people feel free to enjoy what Greeters has to offer. We are an organization that sometimes deals with political issues, but never endorse individual candidates as an organization. Therefore, we need to keep personal political campaigns from becoming the focus when people are given the floor for the purpose of self-introductions.
- Cell Phones & Pagers. Please use common courtesy regarding cell phones, radios and pagers during the meeting. In other words, please turn them off or put them on silent. Thank you.