The Klamath IDEA project has announced plans to hire a coordinator and is now accepting resumes and cover letters. If interested in this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or by mail to Klamath IDEA, c/o Klamath County Chamber of Commerce, 205 Riverside Drive Suite A, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. Prospective applicants will be invited to interview with the IDEA Hiring Committee beginning March 23rd, 2015. Learn more about the Klamath IDEA.
The following is information related to the position. Download the description and requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, marketing, or a closely related field, and experience in economic development; Three years of experience owning and/or operating a small business including financial planning, marketing, accounting, system analysis, personnel management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in the position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of economic development strategies, programs, and educational activities targeted at emerging or expanding businesses
- Aptitude for working in a highly diverse environment, with multiple constituencies
- Strong and articulate written and oral communications skills, with experience in public speaking and presentations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience recruiting, coordinating, and motivating volunteers and partners
- Strong personal network within the entrepreneurial community preferred
- Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Should be innovative, self-motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable with deadlines
- Mastery of basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Access Outlook, PowerPoint, etc
- Regular reliable attendance and availability
To coordinate the plans and programs of the Klamath IDEA project, and thereby assist in creating or retaining employment in Klamath County. The Coordinator must be familiar with partner resources in order to effectively contact, communicate with, and assist in meaningful ways with early stage companies, investors and high net worth individuals, and venture and angel capital groups. The Coordinator is directly responsible for the daily activities of Klamath IDEA and related committees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate assistance to start-up, early-stage, and existing companies seeking expansion in the following categories:
- New or improved technologies
- Renewable energy development
- Value added exportable products utilizing a local resource
- Services or products supporting high tech and knowledge based industries
?Enhance access to business support services through coordination with the Chamber of Commerce, the SBDC, SCOEDD, KCEDA, Business Oregon, and local business service providers
Act as the public liaison, “face”, and “voice” of the IDEA project
Provide communication support to the IDEA Executive Committee, Investor Group, Business Advisors, Vetting Team, and program participants
Support activities that foster an entrepreneurial spirit in the community
Maintain active contact and follow up with IDEA participants via site visits, regular correspondence, and meetings
In conjunction with the Chamber Director at the direction of the IDEA Executive Board, build and maintain a coalition of supportive community leaders and local businesses and organizations to encourage a spirit of entrepreneurialism and connect entrepreneurs, service providers, and potential investors
Assist with implementation of regional networking and educational business development events such as IDEATalks, Boot Camps, Business Plan Competitions, Venture Conferences and Angel Conferences
Staff IDEA Talks and related marketing and outreach events as needed
Create and maintain client files
Complete special projects or tasks assigned by the Chamber Director at the direction of the IDEA Executive Board
Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings on behalf of the organization as requested
In conjunction with Chamber Director at the direction of the IDEA Executive Board, develop and maintain an annual budget for the organization
In conjunction with the Chamber Director at the direction of the IDEA Executive Board, supervise the activities of the IDEA Intern/Volunteer(s)
Other duties as assigned