Oregon Tech Celebrates Earth Week
WHEN: Wednesday, April 16-Saturday, April 21, 2018. Members of the community are invited.
WHERE: Oregon Tech, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 & Sugarman’s Corner, Main Street
WHAT: The public is invited to attend a variety of events in celebration of Earth Week.
- Wednesday, April 18
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m.: Campus Energy Tour, College Union
- Friday, April 20
- 3 p.m.-6 p.m.: Campus Garden Celebration, Arboretum at Oregon Tech
- Saturday, April 21
- 10 a.m.-noon: Native Garden Work Party, Native Plant Garden at Oregon Tech. Learn about native plant communities in the Klamath Basin and help beautify the Oregon Tech Native Garden with Oregon Tech faculty, a U.S. Fish & Wildlife biologist, Sustainability Club, and students from Oregon Tech Natural Sciences Department. Free native milkweed seeds will be given to participants. Tools will be provided; bring gloves if you have them.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Sustainapalooza & Urban Farm Tour, Sugarman’s Corner on Main Street
- 1 p.m.-3 p.m.: Arboretum Appreciation Day, Arboretum at Oregon Tech. Be greeted at the Arboretum by the Sustainability Club and take a fascinating tour of the arboretum with guides from Klamath Tree League. Join the Sustainability Club and see the first ever Oregon Tech Organic Garden unveiled, complete with composting, also within the Arboretum grounds.
DETAILS: The public is invited to participate in these events. Oregon Tech’s Arboretum is located along the east (uphill) corner of campus near the softball field and student housing. Parking is available along the roadside by the Arboretum. Oregon Tech’s Native Garden is located at the northwest corner of campus near Cornett Hall; the prominent hill at that end of campus is the Native Garden.