Events for teens at the Klamath County Library
Downtown Klamath County Library
There’s always something going on for teens at the downtown Klamath County Library! Here’s our monthly lineup:
- Gaming Club: every other Monday at 3:30 pm (May 1st and 15th). Come play games on the library’s collection of consoles! You can also bring titles to play with friends (but no mature-rated games, please). This club is for gamers 13 to 18.
- Girls Who Code: Tuesdays from 5 pm to 7 pm (except the second Tuesday of the month). Girls Who Code is a national organization aimed at encouraging girls and young women to pursue careers in computer science and engineering. We’ll work our way through coding projects and develop computer skills, confidence, and teamwork! This club is for girls in 6th through 12th grade. For more about the Girls Who Code program, see the organization’s website at www.girlswhocode.com. Please note that space is limited – preregistration is required.
- Coding Club: every other Thursday at 3:30 pm (May 11th and 25th). Learn basic computer programming skills! This group is for aspiring coders ages 8-18. We are also seeking teen volunteers to help with club meetings! Head to klamathlibrary.org/teens or stop by the youth services desk for a volunteer application. No previous coding experience needed!
- Lego Club: every other Thursday at 3:30 pm (May 4th and 18th). Let’s build Lego projects together! Each week we’ll have a new building challenge. This club is for builders ages 8 to 18.
- Anime Club: every other Friday at 3:30 pm (May 5th and 19th). Love anime? So do we! Come watch shows, make fanart and discuss your favorite characters. This program is for teens ages 13 and up.
- World Travelers Club: every other Friday at 3:30 pm (May 12th and 26th). Explore new cultures with food and internationally-produced pop culture! This club is for teens and 20-something adults.
- Lemon Brick Road Studios Comics Club: second Saturday of the month from noon to 3 pm (May 13th). Professor Franny mentors budding comics artists as they make mini-comics and dream up new stories! This club is for artists ages 12 to 19.
Registration for these events is not required (except Girls Who Code). For more information, please call 541-882-8894 or visit the library website at www.klamathlibrary.org.