Summer events for children, families and teens at the Klamath County Library
Downtown Klamath County Library
There’s no such thing as summer boredom at the downtown Klamath County Library! Check out what we’ve got going on while school’s out:
- Teen Breakfast Club: Mondays at 10 am. Let’s hang out and watch cartoons and munch on breakfast snacks. This club is for ages 13-18.
- Toddler Romp: Mondays at 10:30 am. Toddlers and parents interact at educational “sensory play” stations together. Toddler romp is suggested for children ages 12 to 36 months.
- Baby Storytime: Tuesdays at 11 am. Enjoy stories, songs and games with your little ones. This event is aimed at newborns and infants, but all are welcome.
- Music and Movement: Tuesdays at 3:30 pm. Children and parents get into the groove with music and dance. Join us for stories, games and more! Suggested for children 4 and up.
- Teen/Youth Gaming Hour: Wednesdays at 3 pm. Play some video games on the library’s Nintendo Wii, Xbox One and PlayStation 4! This event is for ages 8-18.
- Special guest performances Tuesdays at 6pm and Wednesdays at 10:30am. We’re opening the library early on Wednesdays to welcome a variety of special guests, including circus performers, explosion-wielding scientists, super cool reptiles and more! Call 541-882-8894 or ask at the Youth Services desk for more information about each week’s performer.
- Lego Club: Thursdays at 1 pm. Let’s build Lego projects together! Each week we’ll have a new building challenge. This club is for builders ages 8 to 18.
- Life Hacks: Thursdays at 2:30 pm. Call it a crash course in how to be a grownup. Each week, we’ll tackle topics like car repair, personal style, how to feed yourself well when you’re doing all the cooking, and more. This weekly event is for teens and 20-somethings.
- Preschool Storytime: Fridays at 10:30 am. Come for stories, crafts and songs. Suggested for children 3 to 5.
- Teen Craft Lab: Fridays at 2 pm. Make some stuff! Each week we’ll be tackling a new DIY project, from custom plush toys to dinosaur-shaped planters and much, much more. This activity is for teens ages 13-18.
- Lemon Brick Road Studios Comics Club: second Saturday of the month from noon to 3 pm (July 8th). Professor Franny mentors budding comics artists as they make mini-comics and dream up wacky new stories! This club is for artists ages 12 to 19.
- Pet Partners and Angels in Whiskers: Saturdays at 10:30 am. Read with therapy dogs! They’re very good listeners. All ages welcome.
- Family Movie: first Saturday of the month (July 1st) with a craft at 1:30 pm and a film at 2 pm. Join us for an award-winning animated adventure! Dory is an upbeat blue tang fish with memory problems. The only memory she can consistently hold on to is her separation from her parents as a child. Enlisting the help of her friends, she sets off on an ocean-crossing journey to find them… The film is rated PG and runs for one hour, 40 minutes.
Registration for these events is not required, but children under 10 should come with a parent or guardian, please. For more information, please call 541-882-8894 or visit the library website at www.klamathlibrary.org.