|Host||Klamath Food Policy Council|
|Date||Sep 05, 2018|
|Time||01:30 pm - 06:30 pm|
Join the Klamath Food Policy Council for a bold conversation about food systems and community food resilience on September 5, 1:30-6:30 pm at KCC Commons. Get an update on local projects including new food assessment, food hub, farmers market and more. Hear from state and national experts on how communities are creating vibrant “field to fork” systems. Share your thoughts on local priorities and how you can get involved during the reception.
1:30-2:30 pm--Sophie Nathenson and Katie Swanson present findings on recent Klamath food assessment and current projects underway.
2:30-5:30 pm--Live stream of state and national speakers at Oregon State University.
5:30-6:30—Reception, refreshments and discussion sponsored by Sky Lakes Foundation.
Plan to attend all or part of this free program to learn what is happening in our region and throughout the state and to give your input, Wednesday, September 5, from 1:30-6:30 pm. at Klamath Community College Commons. For more details and to RSVP call OSU Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center at 541-883-7131 or e-mail Patty Case @ firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/foodresilience.
Featured speakers include:
• SOPHIA NATHENSON, Population Health Management, Oregon Institute of Technology
• KATIE SWANSON, Organizational Lead, Klamath Blue Zones Project
• SHORLETTE AMMONS, Center for Environmental Farming Systems, North Carolina State University
• DAVID G. LEWIS, Ethnohistory Research, LLC and past tribal historian for the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
• STEPHANIE GRUTZMACHER, OSU College of Public Health and Human Sciences
Patty Case, MS, RD, Associate Professor
Oregon State University
OSU Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center | College of Public Health & Human Sciences
Family and Community Health
6923 Washburn Way, Klamath Falls, OR 97603
P: 541-883-7131 | C: 541-591-4627 | Website