Events for children, families and teens at the Klamath County Library
Downtown Klamath County Library
There’s always something to do at the downtown Klamath County Library! Check out these weekly events for children, families and teens:
- Toddler Time: Every other Monday (May 14th) at 10:30 am. Toddlers and parents share some quality time with activities from yoga for kids to sensory play to storytime. Toddler Time is suggested for children ages 12-36 months. (Please note there is only one Toddler Time this month due to the Memorial Day closure.)
- Baby Bouncers: Tuesdays at 10:30 am. Enjoy stories, songs and games with your little ones. This event is aimed at newborns through 12 months, but all are welcome.
- Terrific Toddlers: Tuesdays at 11 am. Toddlers ages 12-36 months will enjoy stories, games, songs and more.
- Music and Movement: Tuesdays at 3:30 pm. Children and parents get into the groove with music and dance. Join us for stories, games and more! Suggested for children 4 and up.
- Fandom Club: Tuesdays at 3:45 pm. Let’s talk about our favorite movies, music, TV shows, books, webcomics and games! This club is for fans ages 12-18.
- Coding Club: Every other Thursday (May 10th and 24th) at 3:30pm. Learn the basics of coding, both with computers and through fun, interactive games. Suggested for youth ages 8-18.
- Preschool Power: Fridays at 10:30 am. Come for stories, crafts and songs. Suggested for children 3 to 5.
- Gaming Club: Fridays at 3:30 pm. Play some video games on the library’s Nintendo Wii, Xbox One and PlayStation 4! This event is for ages 13-18.
- Lemon Brick Road Studios Comics Club: Saturday, May 12th from noon to 3 pm. Professor Franny mentors budding comics artists as they make mini-comics and dream up wacky new stories! This club is for artists ages 12 to 19.
- Pet Partners: Saturdays at 10:30 am. Read with therapy dogs! They’re very good listeners. All ages welcome.
- Family Movie: first Saturday of the month (May 5th) with a craft at 1:30 pm and a film at 2 pm. Join us for a magical adventure in the My Little Pony universe! When an invasion of monsters spoils Equestria’s first Friendship Festival and petrifies the land’s reigning unicorns, Princess Twilight Sparkle must rally her friends and journey far beyond Equestria to save her home… The film’s rated PG and runs for one hour, 39 minutes.
Registration for these events is not required, but children under 10 should come with a parent or guardian, please. For more information, please call 541-882-8894 or visit the library website at www.klamathlibrary.org.