Events for children, families and teens at the Klamath County Library
Downtown Klamath County Library
There’s always something to do at the downtown Klamath County Library! Check out these weekly events for children, families and teens:
- Toddler Time: Every other Monday (Feb. 5th) at 10:30 am. Toddlers and parents share some quality time with activities from yoga for kids to sensory play to storytime. Toddler Time is suggested for children ages 12 to 36 months. (Note there’s only one Toddler Time this month due to the Presidents Day closure.)
- Baby Bouncers: Tuesdays at 10:30 am. Enjoy stories, songs and games with your little ones. This event is aimed at newborns through 12 months, but all are welcome.
- Terrific Toddlers: Tuesdays at 11 am. We’ve added another weekly storytime due to popular demand! Toddlers ages 12-36 months can enjoy stories, games, songs and more.
- Music and Movement: Tuesdays at 3:30 pm. Children and parents get into the groove with music and dance. Join us for stories, games and more! Suggested for children 4 and up.
- Fandom Club: Tuesdays at 3:45 pm. Let’s talk about our favorite movies, music, TV shows, books, webcomics and games! This club is for fans ages 12-18.
- Coding Club: Every other Thursday (Feb. 1st and 15th) at 3:30pm. Learn the basics of coding, both with computers and through fun, interactive games. Suggested for youth ages 8-18.
- Preschool Power: Fridays at 10:30 am. Come for stories, crafts and songs. Suggested for children 3 to 5.
- Gaming Club: Fridays at 3:30 pm. Play some video games on the library’s Nintendo Wii, Xbox One and PlayStation 4! This event is for ages 13-18.
- Lemon Brick Road Studios Comics Club: Saturday, Feb. 10th from noon to 3 pm. Professor Franny mentors budding comics artists as they make mini-comics and dream up wacky new stories! This club is for artists ages 12 to 19.
- Pet Partners: Saturdays at 10:30 am. Read with therapy dogs! They’re very good listeners. All ages welcome.
- Family Movie: first Saturday of the month (Feb. 3rd) with a craft at 1:30 pm and a film at 2 pm. Join us for a romantic fantasy musical! This live-action remake of an animated classic follows a young woman as she tries to save her father from a terrifying beast, gets caught up in an enchanted castle and learns the “terrifying beast” isn’t as awful as he seems… The film is rated PG and runs for 2 hours, 10 minutes.
Registration for these events is not required, but children under 10 should come with a parent or guardian, please. For more information, please call 541-882-8894 or visit the library website at www.klamathlibrary.org.