Celebrate the great outdoors at Sustainapalooza!
Saturday, April 21st 10am – 4pm
Sugarman’s Corner, at the corner of 6th Street and Main
Celebrate Earth Day weekend at Sustainapalooza 2018! Join the Great Outdoor Alliance Saturday, April 21st from 10 am to 4 pm at Sugarman’s Corner on 6th Street and Main for a day of games, crafts and other activities all about the great outdoors.
- Race to clean in a Trash Scavenger Hunt!
- Admire (and vote on) entries in the Storm Drain Art Contest!
- Take home a seedling to add to (or start) your garden!
- Help turn trash into a community art piece!
- Decorate your own “Poop Fairy” sign to humorously remind dog walkers to clean up after their pets!
- Learn tips and tricks on how to integrate more sustainable products into your home!
- And much more!
The Klamath County Library is sponsoring a team for the Storm Drain Art Contest – teens ages 12-18 interested in getting their art on can help plan the design on Thursday, April 19th at 3:30 pm at the downtown library, and decorate our team’s storm drain on Friday, April 20th at 3:30 pm. (We’ll meet up at the library first before heading out to our drain’s spot.)
The Great Outdoor Alliance has been hosting monthly events at the Klamath County Library, too! Stop by the downtown library on Thursday, April 26th at 5 pm for a screening of the documentary Dancing Salmon Home, about one California tribe’s efforts to bring Chinook Salmon back to their community.
For more information about Sustainapalooza and other Great Outdoor Alliance events, visit their website at greatoutdooralliance.wildapricot.org or follow them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/greatoutdooralliance. For more information about the documentary screening at the Klamath County Library or more information about joining the library’s Art Contest team, please call 541-882-8894.