Giving Your Business a Voice in Government!
Our Chamber Government Affairs Committee (GAC) actively develops and promotes positions on critical issues impacting your business and the business climate in our region. As the leading business organization in Klamath County, we work on your behalf at all levels of government.
The GAC promotes policies and legislation that contribute to the growth and prosperity of Klamath County. You can review our Public Policy Agenda online for information on positions we may take in any given year.
Some of the GAC activities include:
- Annual Klamath Day at the Capitol to meet with legislators, agency directors, and administrative staff at the highest levels to advocate for issues of importance in our community
- Candidate mingles that give you a chance to meet with those running for office
- Legislative alerts to give you timely information on issues that could affect your business
It is important to stay vigilant and engaged as the legislative sessions can be full of surprises and unintended consequences. We hold regular face to face visits as well as conference call with legislators to discuss the issues most important to our membership and effect change in the seeming anti-business/anti-rural process taking place in both Salem and Washington D.C.
With your help we can continue to partner with organizations that strengthen our efforts and share our values and interests.
Things you can do to support GAC activities:
- Make a contribution to the GAC to support outreach efforts
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Sign up for legislative alerts and updates from the GAC
- Follow up with legislators when asked by the GAC to provide a letter, email, or phone call
- Share your thoughts, interests, and concerns to guide GAC efforts